Rich Fruit Cake
1. Beat in 95ml of water (3.5 Fl.oz) Mix for a few mins.
2. Pour into 6” tin and cover.
3. Cook Gas Mark 4 (350f) for 1 hour
1. Beat in 220ml water (7 Fl.oz)
2. Pour into a 2lb tin
3. Cook at Gas Mark 4(350F) 35 mins
1. Mix 220ml (7oz) water and 100g (3oz) golden Syrup
2. Add to mix, beat for 2 mins. Place into 2 greased 1lb tins
3. Cook Gas Mark 5 (360F) fro 50 mins
1. Add 120g (4oz) Oats & 180g(6oz) Black treacle, 6oz water
to 500g Ginger Cake Mix
2. Cook as per Ginger Cake
Madeira (Genoese) Cake Mix
1. Beat in 220ml (7 Fl.oz) water
2. Add 220g (7oz) of Fruit
3. Pour into a 2lb tin
4. Cook Gas Mark 4 (350F) for 40 mins
Chocolate Brownie Mix
1. Beat in 150ml (5 Fl.oz) water & 100ml (3 Fl.oz) oil for 3 mins
2. Add 75g walnuts (optional)
3. Spread evenly onto a tray
4. Bake Gas Mark 4 (350F/180C) for 30-35 mins
White Bread Mix
1. Add 340ml (12oz) luke-warm water
2. Leave in a warm place to prove until double its size, knock back and prove again.
3. Cook at gas Mark 8 (450F), 35 mins for a loaf or 10 mins for rolls
Carrot Cake Mix
1. Mix in 220ml (7 Fl.oz) water & 45ml (1.5 oz) oil, beat for 2 mins
2. Add 180g (6oz) freshly grated carrot & 60g (2oz) broken walnuts.
3. Pour into 2×8” tins and bake at Gas Mark 4 (360F) for 45 mins
Golden / Chocolate Muffin Mix
1. Mix in 220ml (6 Fl.oz) oil & 250ml (8 Fl.oz) water
2. Beat for 2 mins, add 115g (4oz) fruit, choc chips, cherries or blueberries and mix well
3. Bake at Gas Mark 6 (400F/200C) for 25 mins
Scone Mix / Doughnut Mix
1. Beat in 220ml (7 Fl.oz) water, add 75g (3oz) dried fruit
2. Leave to rest for 10 mins then roll out ¾” think, cut to shape
3. Rest on a greased tray for 10 mins and bake at gas Mark 4 (450F) for 15 mins. (Deep fry for doughnut)
Red Velvet Cake
1. To 500g of mix add
2. 2 x Eggs, 140ml oil and 100ml water
3. Cook Gas 5 (180C/360F) 25 to 30mins
Semolina / Sago / Rice Pudding / Tapioca / Ground Rice
Add 2oz (60g) to 1 pint (600ml) of milk and 2oz sugar (or to taste).
1. Add equal parts of mix and water
2. Mix well and let stand for 5 mins
Pink Custard (Blancmange)
Take a little milk from half a pint(300ml) and mix with 1 tablespoon of powder and sugar to taste, boil the rest of the milk and pour on to custard/sugar mix. Return to pan and bring to boil whilst stirring. Serve.